Conservation Restriction Stewardship Committee
- 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- 141 Keyes Road
First Floor Conference Room
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Maryann Lippert (Chair)
- Annemarie Altman
- Arthur Schwope
|December 6, 2022|
|January 24, 2023|
|February 28, 2023|
|March 28, 2023|
|April 25, 2023|
|May 23, 2023|
|June 27, 2023|
|July 25, 2023|
|August 22, 2023|
|September 26, 2023|
|October 24, 2023|
|December 5, 2023|
Members of the Committee shall be appointed every three years by the Select Board, on a rotating basis, with the option to serve a second 3-year term.
The Conservation Restriction Stewardship Committee (CRSC) was appointed in 2005 by the Select Board to provide responsible management and care of the more than 85 conservation restrictions on as many properties within the Town.
The Committee provides stewardship of Conservation Restrictions (CR) that are granted to the Town of Concord. In order to conduct the careful and responsible management of conservation restrictions entrusted to the Town, the CRSC will:
- Develop a protocol for collection of baseline data and annual monitoring of Town held CR.
- Contact and develop a positive working relationship with property owners whose land is subject to a CR. The Town is grateful for the contribution of the CR and so, wants to ensure that this process remains positive and does not become a demotivating process.
- Collect baseline documentation of CR.
- Organize information about CR in an easy to maintain format (including electronic database and GIS-based mapping layers).
- Conduct regular and routine monitoring of CR.
- Write a report with findings which will be provided to the landowner for approval. The landowner will provide their signature as acceptance of report.
- Identify and recommend to the BOS priority lands for protection.
Findings and recommendations shall be presented to the NRC and Select Board at least once a year. If compliance issues become evident during a site visit, these shall be noted in the report and presented to the Natural Resources Director
The Committee shall be appointed by the Select Board. The committee shall be comprised of 7 residents of the Town, one of whom is an acting or prior member of the NRC. A staff member from the Division of Natural Resources office shall also participate, providing guidance and support to the committee.