Geographic Information System Program
Welcome to Concord's Geographic Information System (GIS)
This site provides access to interactive online maps with a wealth of information about what's where in Concord.
What is a Geographic Information System?
A Geographic Information System (GIS) displays geographically-referenced information in the form of electronic map displays.
- Map data appears in the form of various
data layers(e.g. Buildings, Roads, Parcels), many of which can be queried for more detail.
layoutscan be modified to suit your needs by panning and zooming to the appropriate extent, and turning layers on and off as you please.
- You may
print your own maplayout from the online map; you may also view and/or print various prepared maps.
Who Uses GIS?
- View your entire property using current or past aerial imagery
- Locate basic Assessor data for your property, or any other in town. (The Assessing website provides access to complete online property data.)
- Find your Flood Insurance zone
Developers, Real Estate Agents / Evaluators
- Search for and zoom to specific addresses
- See property value and other useful information for any parcel
- Locate street addresses within online forms (permits etc.)
- Locate abutters to individual or multiple properties for legal notifications
- Use specialized applications linked to Town's primary GIS database, such as CMLP's Electric Outage map
View our MapsOnline Tutorial, demonstrating the use of all aspects of Concord's online mapping system, or ...
Other Online Map Resources
Abutting TownsEach of our neighboring Towns maintains a similar online GIS service, including:
- Acton Online Maps
- Bedford Online Maps
- Carlisle Online Maps
- Lincoln Online Maps
- Maynard Online Maps
- Sudbury Online Maps
- Wayland Online Maps
MassGISThe Commonwealth of Massachusetts provides a state-wide Geographic Information System, including Oliver, their online data viewer.
Concord GIS develops webmaps to embed in other pages on the Town's website. Here's an example:
- Search for a Concord address in upper right to zoom to a parcel. Click inside the parcel polygon to link to the Property Record Card for that property. View a larger version of the map by clicking "View larger map" at lower left.
Concord GIS also develops web apps, customized to perform specific functions. Click on a heading below to try one out!
Abutters List App - Create, save and print Abutter Lists and mailing labels.
Broadband Availability App - Search for an address and learn whether or not Concord Light Municipal Broadband service is available. App link and embedded map also available on the Broadband Availability webpage.
Bruce Freeman Rail Trail Tour - Locates and describes points of interest along the Trail. Connect to your smartphone’s GPS to locate your position on the Trail.
Parking and Commuting App - Connect to your smartphone’s GPS and identify parking near you; click on parking symbols to view parking rates and time limits. App link and embedded map also available on the How Do I ... Park webpage.
Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Tour - Locates a variety of graves of historic interest, including Authors Ridge and beyond. Connect to your smartphone's GPS to locate your position. App link also available on the Sleepy Hollow webpage.
Voter Precinct App - Search for an address to get information on its Voting Precinct and Polling Place, including the address and a photo of the latter. Embedded map also available on the Elections & Voting webpage.
Web apps can easily be turned into a Phone App:
We can even set up a QR code for others to access the App!