Historic Maps of Concord
Historic Maps of Concord provide vital information on the evolution of this community and its land, networks and structures. In tracing the history of a building, the following maps are most frequently referenced: 1754, 1830, 1852, 1856, ca. 1871, 1875 (beers atlas), 1889 (walker atlas) and 1906. Late 19th- and early 20th-century Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps provide detailed footprints of buildings in downtown areas.
1754 Benjamin Brown Survey, Mass State Archives reproduced in recent survey of Barrett’s Mill Rd.
1830, John G. Hales, Massachusetts Archives (handwritten annotations)
1830, John G. Hales, Harvard Map Collection (as printed by Lemuel Shattuck)
1875 Beers. Middlesex County Atlas (via Historic Map Works)
1889 Walker. Atlas (via Historic Map Works)
1891 Walker Atlas of Massachusetts plate 4, p 51(no details)
1906, George H. Walker. Atlas of Middlesex County, State Library of Massachusetts vol 2. Under image of atlas, click file under View/Open to download the file. Concord is mapped on plates 40, 42 and 43
1906 Herbert W. Gleason Thoreau_map.jpg (1499×1130) (concordlibrary.org)
1927 Sanborn Fire Insurance Map of Concord Junction not available on line
1927-1947 Sanborn Fire Insurance Map of West Concord not available on line