- 8 a.m.
- Last Tuesday of every month
- 1st Floor Meeting Room
Planning and Land Management Building
141 Keyes Road
Concord, MA 01742
- Bob White (Chair)
- Spencer Borden
- David Clarke
- Carlene Hempel
- Jonathan Keyes
- Ken Miller
How Can You Get Involved? Become a Trail Steward!
Trail Stewards adopt a conservation area or trail and monitor it periodically to evaluate trail conditions and report on any needed maintenance concerns such as downed trees, invasive species control, and flooding. Stewards also make recommendations about improvements in the trails in their area and report on any illegal activity.
For more information, please contact the Division of Natural Resources Office at 978-318-3285.
Trails Committee Charge
The 2004 Concord Open Space and Recreation Plan identified the need for a Trails Committee to aid the Town in trails issues and facilitate processes related to them, and to advise the Natural Resources Commission (NRC) on trail issues including, but not limited to: trail marking, routing or re-routing, handicap accessibility, trail blockages or deterioration, any restrictions required for trail preservation and instances of improper encroachment or interference with trail use. The Concord Trails Committee will report to the NRC and will coordinate its activities with the Natural Resources Director. Initial charges of the Trails Committee are as follows:
- To monitor the condition of all Concord existing public trails and trail markings, and identify areas needing improvement. Trail areas needing improvement will be documented and photographed. Identify appropriate locations for new trails, coordinating with private landowners on adjacent parcels through direct contact, when a new trail or trail amenity will be constructed within twenty feet of their property line.
- Develop and revise trail maps and descriptions for Town lands.
- Committee members will also assist the NRC, where appropriate, in implementing recommendations made by the committee and approved by the NRC.
- In support of the NRC and its mission, act as stewards of trails and Town lands.
- January 26, 2021
- February 23, 2021 - CANCELLED
- March 30, 2021
- April 27, 2021
- May 25, 2021
- June 29, 2021
- July 27, 2021
- August 31, 2021
- September 28, 2021 - CANCELLED
- October 26, 2021
- November 30, 2021