The Town of Concord is now using an online system for permitting. This system is automated and paperless, and is currently available for the following Fire Department permit application types:
- Smoke & CO Alarm Inspection at Sale/Transfer – 1 & 2 Family Dwellings
- Dumpster (>6 cu. yds.)
- Welding/Cutting /Hot Work
- Cannon or Mortar Firing
The first step is for you to create an account in order to use the system, which takes less than 5 minutes to do.
If you already have an account, you can submit new applications or check your permit status here:
Once you have created an account, log out then log back in and click on the upper left tab “Apply for New Permit” and complete the information.
When your application is submitted, you can click on the "eye" to work with your permit application. Permit applications are addressed quickly, but please allow at least 48 hours for your application to be reviewed.
CFD Fire Prevention staff will use the “chat” feature for any questions or to let you know if additional information or documents need to be uploaded. You can chat back by clicking on the bubble icon .
You can pay online after the inspector reviews your permit and sets the status to “Ready for Payment.” Log back in and pay with an online check (your check routing number and account number), or Master Card/Visa/Discover Card.
After the permit is issued, you can log into your account and print your permit. You do not have to come to the fire station to pick up your permit.
Please call the Fire Prevention Office at 978-318-3488 or 978-318-3489 with any questions. Thank you for your patience and understanding as the Town makes this transition to electronic permitting.
Permits that have not migrated to the new permitting system are listed here:
- Blasting (PDF)
- Fire Protection System Install / Alteration / Repair (PDF)
- Fire Protection System Impairment (PDF)
- Flammable Storage (PDF)
- Movie / TV Production / Special Effects (PDF)
- Magazine and Powder (PDF)
- Hood Extinguisher (PDF)
- Hazardous Materials Processing (PDF)
- Oil Burner Installation (PDF)
- Open Flame Tar Kettle (PDF)
- Plan Review Request (PDF)
- Propane Storage, Above and Underground (PDF)
- Salamander (PDF)
- Sprinkler Repair / Alteration (PDF)
- Storage Tank Installation or Removal - Aboveground (PDF)
- UGST Installation (PDF)
- UGST Removal (PDF)
- Tank Trucks (PDF)
- Other, Not Specified (PDF)