The Town of Concord is working around the clock to stay current on the COVID-19 situation and to take any measures within our ability to protect residents, employees, and visitors. We understand how impactful this has been and want to assure you that minimizing the spread of the illness is our top priority.
To that end, the Town has put the following measures in place:
- At the close of business today, March 12, 2020, Town departments will be temporarily suspending all non-essential services to the public. The services that are deemed to be essential will vary by department and evaluated in an ongoing basis but public safety, public health, and public works will not be impacted.
- The Town will be evaluating the status of department operations on a daily basis and may change what is operating on a day to day or weekly basis.
- Following the lead of the Concord Public Schools, Beede and all youth Recreation programs will be postponed for one week effective Monday, March 16, 2020. Future decisions will align with the Concord Public School closing procedures. All adult Recreation Department sponsored programs are cancelled indefinitely, effective today, Friday, March 13, 2020.
- Effective immediately, Friday, March 13, 2020, the Council on Aging, and the Concord Free Public Library, are closed until further notice. The Town Social Worker and Geriatric Nurse will be available via phone, the number to reach the Social Services is 978-318-3034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are age 60 or older, please contact the Concord Council on Aging at 978-318-3020 to reach the geriatric nurse and other Senior Services staff.
- All scheduled events, programs, and building rentals within municipal buildings are cancelled indefinitely. This plan excludes Open Table who the Town will be working with to staff.
- Any person over the age of 60 with concerns or questions related to COVID-19 including sheltering in place or voluntary quarantine, should contact Concord’s Council on Aging at (978) 318-3020.
- COA staff are able to discuss a variety of topics including social service needs, assistance in gathering supplies, potential grocery delivery desires and any other personal or family needs one may have.
To view the Emergency meeting of the Select Board from today, March 13th, please click here or view it at minuteman.media or on YouTube.
Please continue to monitor the Town’s COVID-19 website for any updates: https://concordma.gov/2561/Coronavirus-2019-COVID19
For ongoing updates and information, please visit the CDC’s website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Please also look to the State Department of Public Health at https://www.mass.gov/resource/information-on-the-outbreak-of-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19