AFFORDABLE HOUSING LOTTERY
1 - One-Bedroom Rental Unit - $1,400 per month
(Age (60+) and Income restrictions apply)
Old Bedford Meadows- Senior Apartments
409 Old Bedford Road
Concord, MA 01742
Anticipated Occupancy – August 12th, 2022
The attached packet contains specific information for the lottery for one affordable rental unit at the Old Bedford Meadows Senior Apartments in Concord, MA, including eligibility requirements, the lottery and selection process, and a lottery application.
The key milestones for this housing opportunity:
- Application Period opens July 8, 2022
- Application Deadline July 19, 2022 - 2 p.m.
- Lottery July 26, 2022 - 10 a.m.
Held virtually over Zoom
The application is a first step in the lottery process and does not assure you an apartment.
Please contact the Concord Housing Authority for any questions or to submit your application.
Owned and managed by the Concord Housing Authority this 640-square foot, one bedroom with one bath unit features a full kitchen, bathroom with walk-in shower and carpeting in living room and bedrooms. There are generous closets throughout the unit. Electric oven, microwave, refrigerator and stackable washer/dryers are included in the unit. The unit is assigned one parking space with limited unassigned space for guests. Gas for heat and hot-water are included in the rent. Electricity (general and for oven) is metered separately and is the responsibility of the tenant. Cable and DSL service hook-ups are provided.
1. Minimum Age - 60 years old (at least one member of household)
2. Maximum Household size - 2 persons
3. Maximum Household Income Limit – Gross household income must be at or below 80% of area median income as determined by HUD and adjusted for household size. An imputed income amount of 0.06% of assets will be added to income for assets over $5,000. Current limits (Effective 4/18/2022) are: 1 person - $78,300; 2 person - $89,500
LOTTERY AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Applications will be available in Concord at the following locations:
• Concord Housing Authority offices at 34 Everett Street
• Concord Town House, 22 Monument Square, Concord, MA
• The Concord Free Public Library (open evenings)
• Council on Aging Harvey Wheeler Center
• Electronically on the Concord Housing Authority (CHA) and Regional Housing Services Office (RHSO) websites (concordha.org and RHSOhousing.org)
• Call the Concord Housing Authority (978-369-8435) to request these materials to be mailed to potential applicants, family members or caregivers.
Application must be submitted to the Concord Housing Authority by the application deadline– All applications must be received in hardcopy and will be checked for completion of all required components. An application will be considered complete when all required items on the checklist have been provided. Applicants are encouraged to complete the checklist as an aide to the process. Email or fax submission of applications are not accepted.
1. All applicants who, have submitted complete applications and based on application, meet eligibility requirements will enter the lottery.
2. Applicants will be notified of their applications have been received and their eligibility status and given a lottery number
3. The Lottery will be held in a public setting and ballots will be randomly drawn and placed in the order drawn.
4. The Lottery results will be posted and letters to the winners will be sent within three business days.
5. Top ranked applicant will be contacted by the Concord Housing Authority to complete final landlord screening and approval. If approved the applicant will be offered the unit. Applicants who require special accessibility or reasonable accommodations features or modification will be given the opportunity to request such modifications. If the top ranked applicant does not sign a lease or is otherwise disqualified, the next applicant will be contacted by the Concord Housing Authority.
6. If an applicant passes on the unit, they will be moved to the bottom of the list, unless there are extenuating circumstances regarding hardship. A general list will be created through this lottery and maintained with ranking, contact information. This list will then retained and used to fill vacancies for up to one year.
Please click here for more information and to apply and here to view the flyer.