The State announced that beginning today, February 18th, people aged 65 and older are now eligible to be vaccinated. In addition, people with 2 or more of the following health conditions are also eligible to be vaccinated:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant*
- Obesity and severe obesity
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Moderate to severe Asthma
More information on who is eligible can be found by visiting mass.gov/vaccine
Appointments can be found by using the State’s locator tool at https://vaxfinder.mass.gov/. People who are eligible to receive a vaccine and are not comfortable using the internet can call 211 and choose the option for “help scheduling COVID vaccine”, representatives are available to assist every day of the week.
Please note, you will never be asked for a credit card number to make an appointment.
General information about vaccination from the State can be found at www.mass.gov/vaccine. For information from the Town, we ask that you continue to review the information line recording at 978-318-3033 and visit the website for updates.