The mission of the Human Resources Department is to assist Town officials and senior managers in fairly, consistently, and lawfully creating and administering policies and practices that sustain a professional, productive, efficient, and innovative work environment which supports the Town and its departments in effectively performing their missions.
The Human Resources Department provides services to approximately 600 regular, limited, and temporary employees on issues relating to:
- Administering the Personnel Bylaws, policies and procedures
- Coordinating orientation, training, and employee recognition activities
- Designing and administering employee benefit programs
- Maintaining employee classification and compensation plans
- Managing employee recruitment and selection
- Monitoring personnel actions of all Town departments to ensure legal and policy compliance
- Providing workers' compensation case management and administrative services
The Human Resources Department supports the Personnel Board, which consists of five members appointed by the Select Board with staggered three-year terms.
The Personnel Board has responsibility for the administration of the Personnel Bylaw (Wage and Salary Classification Plan) of the Town.
ADP Employee Self-Service
The ADP Employee Self-Service (ESS) portal provides employees with convenient access to your personal, pay, and benefits information any time, even from home. On our ADP portal, you can:
- Opt to get paperless pay statements
- View your pay statements and W-2s, update your tax-filing status, and access financial calculators
- View your benefit enrollments
- View and update your life insurance beneficiaries, insurance dependents, and emergency contacts
- Access employee discounts now available to you
- Submit changes to your address, phone, name, and other important information the Town needs to administer your benefits and contact you
Click here for instructions on setting up your account.
Points of Contact
All departments are assigned to an HR staff member who serves as your general point of contact for HR-related matters. For the most efficient service, please direct phone calls to your designated representative.
Marie McCahon: Finance, Library, Police, Public Works, Planning & Land Management
Shana Connerney: Fire, Human Services, Information Technology, Light Plant, Town Manager’s Office