Do I have to apply where I live?
If the marriage is to take place in Massachusetts, you may apply for your license at any City or Town Clerk's Office in Massachusetts regardless of where you live. Fees and hours vary from office to office.

If your marriage is going to take place outside of Massachusetts, you must contact the local officials in the jurisdiction where the marriage will take place. Marriage laws vary from state to state. Information on offices in other cities and towns can be obtained from the Commonwealth Communities page on the State of Massachusetts website.

Show All Answers

1. Where are you located?
2. Do I have to apply where I live?
3. Is a blood test required before a license can be issued?
4. What is the fee for obtaining a marriage license in Concord?
5. How do I find a Justice of the Peace?
6. Can a friend be authorized to perform my marriage ceremony?
7. Is Massachusetts residency required to obtain a marriage license in Massachusetts?
8. Are same-sex couples who reside outside of Massachusetts allowed to be married in Massachusetts?
9. What if one or both of us has been divorced?
10. Are witnesses required to be present at the ceremony?