On Tuesday, October 25th between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM there will be a temporary interruption of water service to customers on Monument Street North of Red Coat Lane including all side streets off of Monument Street to the North of Red Coat Lane. The scheduled work is required to perform water system improvements as we near completion of the Monument Street Water Main Replacement Project.
In an effort to minimize any temporary inconvenience this may cause, you may find the following recommendations helpful:
Before water service is interrupted;
• Fill bottles or pots and pans with water required for drinking, cooking, brushing teeth, etc.
• Water stored in a bathtub or 5 gallon container can be used to replace water needed to flush toilets (note: young children should never be left unattended around full bathtubs).
When water service is restored to the area, the water may be temporarily discolored;
• Sediment inadvertently drawn into your service line can be purged by running an outside spigot for several minutes until it clears up.
• CPW's Water Division will perform necessary water main flushing activities required to ensure the water does clear up.
• We recommend you ensure the water is flowing clear at your tap before use.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to complete this important drinking water improvement project.
If there are any residents who have health or well-being issues that require special consideration, please contact Valerie Doerrer, Water Systems Engineer, directly at 978-318-3250 or email her firstname.lastname@example.org.
See link for map.