The current weather forecast confirms a peak electricity day is likely for both Tuesday August 28th and Wednesday August 29th from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
If you are able to reduce your electricity use during these hours, you can help reduce electricity costs for yourself and for all CMLP customers. During these hours, you might consider:
· turning up your A/C a few degrees
· turning off lights anywhere they are not needed and dimming others if they are dimmable
· postponing use of pool pumps, dryers, washing machines, and other appliances
· reducing plug load by turning off computers, televisions, etc.
· planning a picnic supper, or cooking dinner on the grill
· if you own an electric vehicle, not charging it during a peak demand event
· pre-cooling your home, if you are there, with you’re A/C and then letting it coast without A/C until after the peak demand event
· using fans instead of or in addition to A/C as fans use much less electricity than air conditioning
· closing blinds on windows facing the sun
· using smart power strips to turn off multiple devices with one touch
Consider getting an energy assessment for your home or business to see if there are more electricity-saving opportunities for you. Find out more information here: http://www.concordma.gov/1751/Energy-Management-Renewable-Energy-Effic