The current weather forecast confirms a peak electricity day is possible for Wednesday, July 12, 2023 from 5 PM to 8 PM.
If you are able to reduce your electricity use during these hours, you can help reduce electricity costs for all CMLP customers. During these hours, you might consider doing any of the following:
- turn your A/C up a few degrees
- turn off lights anywhere they are not needed and dim others if they are dimmable
- postpone use of pool pumps, dryers, washing machines, and other appliances
- reduce plug load by turning off computers, televisions, etc.
- Cook dinner on the grill or have a picnic supper
- Do not charge an electric vehicle during a peak demand event
- Pre-cool your home and then let it coast without A/C until after the peak demand event
- Use fans instead of or in addition to A/C as fans use much less electricity than air conditioning
- Close blinds on windows facing the sun
- Use smart power strips to turn off multiple devices with one touch
- Get an energy assessment for your home or business to see if there are more electricity-saving opportunities. Find out more information here: http://www.concordma.gov/1751/Energy-Management-Renewable-Energy-Effic