Want to help lower electricity costs and emissions from our electric grid?
You might consider reducing your electricity use between 5:00 and 7:00 p.m. this Wednesday, July 20th. Here are some tips to help you:
• turn your A/C up a few degrees
• turn off lights anywhere they are not needed and dim others if they are dimmable
• postpone use of pool pumps, dryers, washing machines, and other appliances
• reduce plug load by turning off computers, televisions, etc.
• Cook dinner on the grill or have a picnic supper
• Do not charge an electric vehicle during a peak demand event
• Pre-cool your home and then let it coast without A/C until after the peak demand event
• Use fans instead of or in addition to A/C as fans use much less electricity than air conditioning
• Close blinds on windows facing the sun
• Use smart power strips to turn off multiple devices with one touch
• Get an energy assessment for your home or business to see if there are more electricity-saving opportunities. Find out more information by visiting our energy efficiency website
Together we can reduce the summer peak demand for electricity on New England’s electrical grid!