CONCORD PUBLIC WORKS
2023 WATER SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS – BUTTERNUT CIRCLE NEIGHBORHOOD
INVITATION TO BID
1. The Town of Concord, Massachusetts, the Awarding Authority, invites electronic bids for the 2023 Water System Improvements – Butternut Circle Neighborhood, Town of Concord, Massachusetts, Invitation for Bid (IFB) No. 2257 in accordance with the documents prepared by Environmental Partners, an Apex Company.
2. Bids will be received until 11:00 AM prevailing time on Thursday, March 30, 2023. All bids shall be submitted online at www.Projectdog.com and entitled “2023 Water System Improvements – Butternut Circle Neighborhood, Town of Concord, Massachusetts, Contract IFB No. 2257”. All electronic bids are compiled in real time upon bid close and published forthwith on ProjectDog. Official bid tabulations shall be posted on ProjectDog. Contract Documents will be made available beginning at 9:00 AM Wednesday, March 15, 2023.
3. A non-mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held near intersection of the Butternut Circle and Old Bedford Road in Concord, MA on Tuesday, March 21, 2023, at 10:00 AM.
4. The Work under this contract includes, but is not necessarily limited to, the installation of approximately 4,000 linear feet of new 8-inch ductile-iron water main on Butternut Circle, Minot Road, Fox Lane, Mallard Drive and Black Duck Road. The water main improvements also include the installation of new hydrants, valves, water service connections, and trench pavement. Some materials required for this project will be provided by the Town of Concord. See Appendix E for all quantities of materials. Materials not listed under Appendix E as to be provided by the Owner shall be furnished by the Contractor and included within the Contractor’s bid to perform the work.
5. All bids shall be submitted electronically online at www.Projectdog.com no later than the date and time specified above. Hard copy bids will not be accepted by the Town of Concord.
6. MassDOT prequalification of contractors with the class of work as SEWER AND WATER, will be required. Vendors are advised that the contract term is for one year. Valuation for purposes of MassDOT Prequalification is based on the base bid at an estimated total Prequal contract value of $950,000. Contractors who are not prequalified to provide the services listed for the total Prequal contract value, but meet the single year waiver threshold, without documented poor performance issues, and want to bid, should submit a waiver request prior to the bid opening to allow for time to appeal in the event that a waiver is not granted. An award will not be made to a Contractor who is not pre-qualified.
7. This project is being Electronically Bid (E-Bid). All bids shall be submitted online at www.Projectdog.com. Hard copy bids will not be accepted by the Awarding Authority. Tutorials, instructions, and videos on how to complete the electronic bid documents are available online as well as in Section 00100 - Instructions to Bidders and Supplemental Instructions to Bidders for Electronic Bid Projects. For assistance, contact Projectdog, Inc. at (978) 499-9014.
8. Bid forms and contract documents are available online at www.Projectdog.com. Enter Project Code #854443 in the project locator box and select “Acquire Documents” to download documents or to purchase hard copies. New users to Projectdog.com must first select Sign Up to create an online account. Contract documents may also be viewed, but not removed, from the offices of Projectdog, Inc., 18 Graf Road - Unit 8, Newburyport, MA 01950, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
9. All addenda shall be posted online at Projectdog.com. Each individual or firm recorded as having received the contract documents will be notified by email if and when addenda are issued. Hard copies of addenda will not be mailed or faxed to plan holders. It is the sole responsibility of the Bidder to review any and all addenda prior to the bid opening either online or at the offices of Projectdog, Inc.
10. All documents shall be submitted in PDF format only. All bidders must complete and digitally sign (Adobe) or print, complete, sign and scan bid form Signature page(s) and upload as a PDF file.
11. Substantial completion for this project must be achieved by September 22, 2023. All infrastructure must be installed, backfilled, and online by this date. Substantial Completion includes all excavation and backfilling operations (inclusive of compaction testing) for the new water mains, hydrant branches and hydrant installations, water service installations, abandonments of old services, old water mains, and interconnections to all existing water infrastructure as required, inclusive of required pressure testing, disinfection, and bacteria testing. Substantial Completion cannot be achieved until the Owner has taken beneficial use of the new utilities. All punch list items must be completed by October 15, 2023.
12. Contract payment will be by the unit price method and the lump sum price method as indicated on the Bid Form. No Bidder may withdraw his/her Bid for a period of thirty (30) business days after the actual date of the opening of the General Bids.
13. Bidders shall certify that they do not, and will not, maintain or provide for their employees any facility that is segregated on a basis of race, color, creed, sex, national origin, or sexual preference.
14. The bidding and award of the Contract shall be in full compliance with Sections 39M inclusive of Chapter 30 of the General Laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as last revised.
15. This project shall also comply with Sections 39F, 39K, 39N, and 39O of Chapter 30 of the General Laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as last revised and included in Appendix B.
16. This project shall also comply with Sections 39I, 39J, 39L, 39M, 39P, and 39R of Chapter 30 and Sections 34 of Chapter 149 and Section 40 of Chapter 82 of the General Laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as last revised.