Benefits to Driving Electric
- Concord Municipal Light Plant's EV Miles program offers a monthly bill credit of $5-$10 to customers who charge their electric vehicle at night. Sign up today!
- Concord Municipal Light Plant offers a rebate for home charging installation through its EV Level 2 Program. Concord residents may receive a rebate of $250 to help offset the cost of installing some or all components of a Level 2 system for higher speed charging. A Level 2 charging system consists of a 240 volt wiring circuit from your house electrical panel to a NEMA 14-50 outlet or to a home EV charging station.
- Receive a cash rebate of up to $2,500 through the state's MOR-EV program.
- A Federal Tax Credit of up to $7,500 is available for EV owners. The credit varies depend on the type of vehicle and your tax liability and is only available to the owner of the car (if you lease, the dealer gets the credit and may pass on some of the benefits).
- Green Energy Consumers Alliance provides discounts on qualified EVs purchased or leased from participating dealerships. The discount program is available to all customers. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Use our miles per gallon equivalent calculator to estimate what you can save by driving electric in Concord based on vehicle model and your electricity rate.
- By charging off-peak, you can save even more when you sign up for Concord's EV Miles Program.
- Electric vehicles can also save you on maintenance costs. Battery EVs do not need oil changes, spark plugs, or timing belts, and unlike gasoline motors, electric motors required no routine maintenance. This can save you $1,500 over the lifetime of the vehicle. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Good for the environment
Transportation is a significant contributor to Concord's community-wide greenhouse gas emissions, much of which is from personal vehicles. Driving an EV helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, reduce our reliance on fossil fuels, improve our local air quality.
- EVs have no tailpipe emissions. This reduces our air pollutants that contribute to smog, heart attacks and asthma.
- Switching to an EV in Concord today will reduce GHG emissions by 70% compared to a conventional car. In a few years, electricity supplied by Concord Municipal Light Plant will be 100% emissions-free. At that time, switching to an EV will reduce GHG emissions by 100%. Calculate your emissions reduction today by using UCS's EV emissions calculator.
- Skipping the gas pump reduces our dependence on fossil fuels. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- There are over 9,000 EVs on the road in Massachusetts and Concord residents are adopting EVs faster than most other communities in the state!
- Plug-in EVs offer a smooth and quiet ride and generally have quicker acceleration than gasoline vehicles.
- Skip the gas station! EVs can charge overnight at home. Most models allow you to schedule your charging with the car's controls or an app, so you can wake-up to a charged vehicle. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>