Climate Action Advisory Board
Background and Charge
The Town of Concord has ambitious goals to mitigate our impact on climate change by reducing our greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions 25% by 2020 and 80% by 2050. These goals were approved at the 2017 Annual Town Meeting and align Concord with the goals set in the Massachusetts Global Warming Solutions Act and the Paris Climate Accord. Click here for additional details on Concord's sustainability and climate goals.
The Climate Action Advisory Board (CAAB) was established to advise and provide strategic direction to the Director of Sustainability and the Town on how to meet its climate goals. The purpose, charge, and membership is intentionally broad. Addressing climate change in Concord will require both mitigation (reducing our GHG emissions) and adaptation (ensuring we are resilient to impacts due climate change).
Climate actions cut across boards, committees, departments, agencies, and community groups. Working with the Town, CAAB will seek to reduce barriers, and prioritize policies, programs, and initiatives that will advance climate action in all sectors, residential, commercial and municipal, in Concord.
The final committee charge as approved by the Select Board on June 4, 2018 can be found here.
- Sustainable Concord Climate Action and Resilience Plan 2020
- Town of Concord Annual Sustainability Report 2019
- 2008 and 2016 Concord Community GHG Inventory Executive Summary (Released Jan 2019)
- 2008 and 2016 Concord Community GHG Inventory - Full Report & Methodology (Released Jan 2019)
- Town of Concord Annual Sustainability Report 2018
- Concord Summary of Findings Final MVP Report (2019)
- EFTF Final Report
- CMLP Strategic Plan Version 2.0
- MAGIC Climate Resilience Plan
- Final Envision Concord Plan 7-30-18 (Full Version 79MB)
- DRAFT Hazard Mitigation Plan 2017 Update
|Warren Leon||Resident||April 30, 2023|
|John Bolduc||Resident||April 30, 2023|
|Paul Kirshen||Resident||April 30, 2024|
|Jake Swenson||Resident||April 30, 2024|
|Courtney Eaton||Chair||April 30, 2024|
|Michael McAteer||Resident||May 31, 2022|
|Brian Crounse||Resident||April 30, 2024|
|Matt Johnson||Select Board Liason|