Home Energy Assessments & LED Makeovers
- Energy Assessments: A free, on-site home energy assessment will identify the sources of energy waste driving up your heating and electricity bills. If you heat with any fuel other than natural gas, CMLP's energy auditor, Energy New England, will examine your home's heating system, lighting, and weatherization needs. New: All of your incandescent bulbs will be replaced with LEDs for free by the auditor, plus you will receive a free smart power strip! These LEDs have a color temperature of 3,000K. This is a warm white ideal for most indoor applications and similar to traditional incandescent light bulbs (but use 75% less energy!). Schedule your appointment by contacting Energy New England at email@example.com or (888) 772-4242. Learn more and fill out an online request form here. ENE generally schedules these 2-5 weeks out, depending on how busy the auditors are. You must be at home throughout the assessment, which usually takes 2 hours. Residents are eligible for a free home energy assessment once every 3 years.
- LED Makeovers: If you do not need a home energy assessment, you can still get free LEDs installed in your home. These LEDs have a color temperature of 3,000K. This is a warm white ideal for most indoor applications and similar to traditional incandescent light bulbs (but use 75% less energy!). Call Energy New England at (888) 772-4242 to schedule an LED Makeover. An LED installer will come to your home and replace all of your incandescent bulbs with LEDs. You must be at home throughout the installation, which usually takes an hour and a half.
- For CMLP residential customers who heat with Natural Gas, the Mass Save Program offers you:
- Free home energy assessments (including installation of free LEDs & other energy-saving devices) once every other year
- Weatherization rebates, and pre-qualified contractors who can complete the weatherization work that you need;
- Advice on upgrading to a more efficient heating system, along with generous financial incentives for doing so.
Note that the entry step for all of their programs is a free home energy assessment. Visit the Mass Save Program webpage or call (866) 527-7283 to schedule yours or for more information.