TOWN OF CONCORD
BOARD OF APPEALS
January 10, 2013
The Town of Concord Board of Appeals will hold a public meeting for continued hearings at 7:30 P.M. and new hearings at 8:00 P.M. on Thursday, January 10, 2013 in the First Floor Meeting Room, 141 Keyes Road, Concord, Massachusetts, on petitions for variances, applications for special permits, comprehensive permits or appeals from decisions of the Building Inspector. If there are no continued hearings, the Board of Appeals may hold a work session at 7:30 P.M.
INFORMATION IN SUPPORT OF EACH AGENDA ITEM MAY BE REVIEWED AT THE BOARD OF APPEALS OFFICE, FIRST FLOOR, 141 KEYES ROAD, MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:30 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M.
Continuances are typically heard between 7:30pm – 8:00pm with new hearings scheduled to begin at 8:00pm. At the discretion of the Chair, continuances that are unresolved at 8:00pm could be tabled until after all scheduled new hearings conclude.
Continuances: (will start at 7:30 unless further continuances or withdrawals have been requested)
1. Jerome L. Robertson for a Renewal of a 2009 Special Permit and Site Plan Approval, under Sections 220.127.116.11, 7.7.3, 18.104.22.168, 11.6 and 11.8, to continue to operate a car wash and auto body repair shop at 24 Westgate Park.
2. Diane Jaques for a Special Permit, under Sections 7.1.2, 7.1.3, 7.1.5 and 11.6, to change or substantially extend a nonconforming use, and to reconstruct a nonconforming structure so that it exceeds the gross floor area of the existing nonconforming structure by more than fifty percent at 12 Kenney Lane.
3. Oaktree Beharrell on behalf of Nick Boynton and John Bellantoni for a Special Permit and Site Plan Approval under Sections 4.2.4, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 7.2.4, 7.2.5, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 11.6 and 11.8, to allow a combined industrial/business/residence use, in conformance with the West Concord Design Guidelines and West Concord Master Plan, where at least ten percent of the dwelling units and ten percent of the industrial or non-retail business use area are available at an affordable rate, and to allow relief from parking requirements, joint parking facilities and work in the Floodplain Conservancy District at 50 Beharrell Street and 13B Commonwealth Avenue.
4. Arista Development LLC for a Special Permit and Site Plan Approval, under Sections 4.5.10, 7.1.2, 7.1.3, 11.6 and 11.8, to change or substantially extend a legally pre-existing nonconforming gas station use into a financial office and to reconstruct, extend, alter or change a nonconforming structure, and for a Variance from the Sign Bylaw at 1112 Main Street.
1. 8:00 P.M. – John C. McBride on behalf of John and Stacey Durkin, for a Comprehensive Permit under M.G.L. Chapter 40B, for the construction of eight homes on a single lot at 1257 Elm Street.
2. 8:05 P.M. – John Axten for a Special Permit, under Sections 7.1.2, 7.1.3, 7.1.5 and 11.6, to construct a conforming structure, on a lot with insufficient lot area and frontage, that exceeds the gross floor area of the existing structure by more than fifty percent at 28 Laurel Street.
3. 8:10 P.M. – Alexander Walker for a Special Permit, under Sections 18.104.22.168 and 11.6, to convert an existing attached guest house into an additional dwelling unit at 264 Musketaquid Road.
4. 8:15 P.M. – Jane Huber and Gerald Kiwanuka for a Special Permit, under Sections 5.3.4 and 11.6, to authorize the stabling, boarding or breeding of mules in a residential district on a lot of less than five acres at 38 and 40 aka 50 Williams Road.
THE BOARD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONTINUE THE HEARING ON ANY ITEM THAT HAS NOT BEEN ADDRESSED BY 11:00 P.M.
By Order of Board of Appeals, Alice Kaufman, Chairman