The Town of Concord Board of Appeals
7:30 P.M. Thursday, December 13, 2012
First Floor Meeting Room, 141 Keyes Road, Concord
If there are no continued hearings, the Board of Appeals may hold a work session at 7:30 P.M.
INFORMATION IN SUPPORT OF EACH AGENDA ITEM MAY BE REVIEWED AT THE BOARD OF APPEALS OFFICE, FIRST FLOOR, 141 KEYES ROAD, MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:30 A.M. TO 4:30 P.M.
Continuances are typically heard between 7:30pm – 8:00pm with new hearings scheduled to begin at 8:00pm. At the discretion of the Chair, continuances that are unresolved at 8:00pm could be tabled until after all scheduled new hearings conclude.
Continuances: (will start at 7:30 unless further continuances or withdrawals have been requested)
1. Diane Jaques for a Special Permit, under Sections 7.1.2, 7.1.3, 7.1.5 and 11.6, to change or substantially extend a nonconforming use, and to reconstruct a nonconforming structure so that it exceeds the gross floor area of the existing nonconforming structure by more than fifty percent at 12 Kenney Lane.
2. Arista Development LLC for a Special Permit and Site Plan Approval, under Sections 4.5.10, 7.1.2, 7.1.3, 11.6 and 11.8, to change or substantially extend a legally pre-existing nonconforming gas station use into a financial office and to reconstruct, extend, alter or change a nonconforming structure, and for a Variance from the Sign Bylaw at 1112 Main Street.
3. Oaktree Beharrell on behalf of Nick Boynton and John Bellantoni for a Special Permit and Site Plan Approval under Sections 4.2.4, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 7.2.4, 7.2.5, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 11.6 and 11.8, to allow a combined industrial/business/residence use, in conformance with the West Concord Design Guidelines and West Concord Master Plan, where at least ten percent of the dwelling units and ten percent of the industrial or non-retail business use area are available at an affordable rate, and to allow relief from parking requirements, joint parking facilities and work in the Floodplain Conservancy District at 50 Beharrell Street and 13B Commonwealth Avenue.
1. 8:00 P.M. – Jerome L. Robertson for a Renewal of a 2009 Special Permit and Site Plan Approval, under Sections 220.127.116.11.2, 7.7.3, 18.104.22.168, 11.6 and 11.8, to continue to operate a car wash and auto body repair shop at 24 Westgate Park.
2. 8:05 P.M. – Daniel Gainsboro on behalf of Stephen F. Frost for a Special Permit under Sections 7.1.2, 7.1.3, 7.1.5 and 11.6, to change or substantially extend a nonconforming use, and to construct a new structure that will exceed the gross floor area of the existing structure by more than fifty percent at 899 Lowell Road.
3. 8:10 P.M. – T. Scott Johnson for an Amendment to a Variance granted in 1980, under Sections 22.214.171.124 and 11.7, to allow the owner to maintain the existing second kitchen in the single dwelling unit at 280 Great Meadows Road.
4. 8:15 P.M. – David Chase on behalf of Lowell S. Smith for a Special Permit, under Sections 126.96.36.199 and 11.6, to convert the existing carriage house into an additional dwelling unit at 21 Academy Lane.
5. 8:20 P.M. – Douglas Manchester for a Special Permit, under Sections 188.8.131.52 and 11.6, for an additional dwelling unit at 1373-2 Monument Street.
THE BOARD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONTINUE THE HEARING ON ANY ITEM THAT HAS NOT BEEN ADDRESSED BY 11:00 P.M.
By Order of Board of Appeals, Alice Kaufman, Chairman