Renewable Energy & Efficiency
Renewable Energy/Conservation Success Stories in Concord
To read about renewable energy and conservation success stories in Concord, view the Success page.
Rebate Programs for Your Home or Business
View the Solar Photovoltaic Rebate Application (XML). For PV installations, CMLP offers rebates of $625 per kW AC of installed, capacity, capped at $3,125. The following forms will need to be signed and forwarded to CMLP with the rebate application:
- For Residential solar PV installations:
- Documents required for Residential Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Panel Installation Approval Request:
- Residential Interconnection Application
- Residential Interconnection Application Signature Page
- Interconnection Service Agreement
- CMLP Solar PV Rebate Application (if requesting rebate)
- CMLP Solar PV Rebate Terms & Conditions (If requesting rebate)
- Residential Net Metering Policy Acknowledgement
- Copy of portions of Contract Between Resident & System Installer (if requesting rebate) showing: installer contact information, system size, cost & signatures
- Wiring diagram
- Specification Sheets for All Equipment (i.e. Solar PV Panels & Inverters)
c/o Energy New England
100 Foxborough Blvd. Suite 110
Foxboro MA 02035
For questions, please contact:
Concord Municipal Light Plant
PO Box 1029
1175 Elm Street
Concord MA 01742
ATTN: Pamela Cady
- For Commercial solar PV installations:
Net Metering Rate
For further information on CMLP's residential net metering rate, please review the Residential Net Metering with Banking Rate Schedule (PDF). For further information on CMLP's commercial net metering rate, review the General Service Net Metering Rate Schedule (PDF).
Solar Net Metering Credit
The Solar Net Metering Credit for energy generated that exceeds a customer's purchases from CMLP is a variable amount as described in the Residential Net Metering with Banking rate.The net metering credit is based on the average Day Ahead Independent System Operation-New England (ISO-NE) price for all hours in the month prior to the current billing month between 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Rebate Programs for Your Home
If electricity is your primary source of heat, CMLP provides a rebate of 50% of the cost of eligible weatherization measures, up to $1,000. For more information view the Electric Heat Weatherization Rebates page.
Natural gas-heating households may be eligible for weatherization rebates through Mass Save. Visit the Mass Save Home Energy Services Program page, or call 1 800-632-8300 for more information.
CMLP encourages the use of energy efficient products and offers rebates for light-emitting diode (LED) light bulbs. Residential customers may receive rebates for up to 50 bulbs per year. Don't forget to recycle all your used bulbs (incandescent, fluorescent, and LED) at the Concord Public Works Department (please call first: 978-318-3240). To learn more view the LED Bulb Rebate Application (PDF).
Heat Pump Rebates for Homeowners and Renters
Receive a rebate when you buy an air-source heat pump to heat and cool your home. If you have a conventional electric resistance or propane-fueled heating system, you can save up to 70% on energy costs by heating with an air-source heat pump instead. Rebates of up to $6,000 are available.
High Efficiency Lighting Program
The Retrofit Program makes it easy and affordable to replace aging, inefficient lighting with energy efficient equipment. View the Commercial Lighting page for additional details on light incentives. Indoor and outdoor lighting and controls are eligible. Take advantage of our rebates and the option of using our pre-qualified lighting contractors. For a quick program overview, view the High Efficiency Lighting Program brochure (PDF).
New Construction and Major Renovations
Take advantage of rebates when you install lighting that uses even less power per square foot than the code-mandated Lighting Power Density in new buildings or build-outs of existing space.Learn more from the Commercial Lighting New Construction page.
Bright Opportunities Program
Concord businesses are eligible for discounted pricing on LED lamps, reduced wattage fluorescent lamps and select types of LED fixtures through Mass Save's Bright Opportunities Program. Just purchase approved lighting from a participating distributor. Visit the Bright Opportunities Program website for details regarding approved lighting, incentive levels and participating distributors.
You may purchase discounted lighting through the Bright Opportunities Program and request a rebate for that same lighting through CMLP's High Efficiency Lighting Program.
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC) and Heat Pump (HP) Program
Concord businesses are eligible for discounted pricing on high efficiency HVAC/HP equipment through Mass Save's Upstream HVAC/HP Program. This program pays incentives directly to equipment distributors to buy down the cost of equipment at point of sale. As a result, you can purchase high efficiency equipment that is priced competitively with standard efficiency equipment. Learn more on the Commercial HVAC page.
Energy Efficiency Services
Services for Your Home
- A free, on-site home energy audit will identify the sources of energy waste driving up your heating and electricity bills. CMLP's energy auditor, Energy New England, will examine your home's heating system, lighting, and weatherization needs. New in 2017: All of your incandescent bulbs will be replaced with LEDs for free by the auditor, plus you will receive a free smart power strip. Call 888-772-4242 to schedule your appointment now.
- The Energy Hotline - Ever wish there were an objective, knowledgeable, free source of advice at the other end of a phone line when you have a question about making your home or your habits more energy efficient? Energy New England's technical advisors are available to respond by phone to specific questions you're grappling with as you change your energy consumption habits or carry out do-it-yourself or contracted energy efficiency projects in your home. Call 888-772-4242. Energy New England provides a variety of services to municipal electric utilities. They do not sell products or services directly to consumers.
- For CMLP residential customers who heat with natural gas, the Mass Save Program offers you:
- Home energy assessments, weatherization rebates, and pre-qualified contractors who can complete the weatherization work that you need;
- Advice on upgrading to a more efficient heating system, along with financial incentives for doing so.
Services for Your Business
CMLP covers 50% of the cost of a full-scale energy audit through Energy New England, our energy audit provider. Please call 978-318-3149 for details.