Entitled to Bill Adjustment
If you think you are entitled to an adjustment, please pay your bill first then provide the Concord Board of Assessors with the following documentation:
- Vehicle is sold or traded: Bill of sale/trade in documentation and plate return receipt from the Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) or new registration if plate is transferred to another vehicle.
- Vehicle is stolen or total loss: Police report or insurance settlement letter and plate return receipt or C-19 Form (Affidavit of Lost or Stolen Plate from RMV).
- Vehicle is junked or donated: Receipt from junk yard or charity and plate return receipt or C-19 Form or new registration if plate transferred.
- Vehicle is returned (Lemon Law): Letter from dealer certifying return and plate return receipt or new registration if plate is transferred.
- Moved from Concord but still live in Massachusetts: If you moved prior to January 1 of the bill year furnish proof of change of address from the Registry of Motor Vehicles. If you moved after January 1 of the bill year, pay to Town of Concord and change your address at the Registry for future billing.
Please send information to:
Town of Concord
Board of Assessors
P.O. Box 535
Concord, MA 01742
Please note: An application for abatement (PDF) does not stay the collection of the Motor Vehicle Excise Tax. Timely payment within 30 days of the date of issue will avoid all interest and other charges and fees. No abatement shall be granted for less than $5 and no bill can be reduced to less than $5.