The mission of the Human Resources Department is to assist Town officials and senior managers in fairly, consistently, and lawfully creating and administering policies and practices that sustain a professional, productive, efficient, and innovative work environment which supports the Town and its departments in effectively performing their missions.
The Human Resources Department provides services to approximately 600 regular, limited, and temporary employees on issues relating to:
- Administering the Personnel Bylaws, policies and procedures
- Coordinating orientation, training, and employee recognition activities
- Designing and administering employee benefit programs
- Maintaining employee classification and compensation plans
- Managing employee recruitment and selection
- Monitoring personnel actions of all Town departments to ensure legal and policy compliance
- Providing workers' compensation case management and administrative services
The Human Resources Department supports the Personnel Board, which consists of five members appointed by the Select Board with staggered three-year terms.
The Personnel Board has responsibility for the administration of the Personnel Bylaw (Wage and Salary Classification Plan) of the Town.